Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cheryl Cole in Elle: I Have Had Enough of Negativity




2010 was undoubtedly a difficult year for singer and television personality Cheryl Cole, what with her personal life coming apart and some of her decisions on X Factor generating severe criticism. The time has come to turn her back on that.

Cheryl will always strive to be the “nation’s sweetheart,” as she was once called, she tells the latest issue of Elle magazine. However, she’s not willing to put up with negativity for it.

In the Elle interview, Cheryl talks anything and everything, from fashion to music and, last but not least, what a rough year she had.

Not only did she see her marriage to Ashley Cole come apart because of a very public cheating scandal, but she also saw her every move and decision on X Factor harshly criticized.

She even received death threats for them, as we also noted at the time – and that’s not something she was accustomed to until that moment.

Luckily, she’s decided she no longer cares what people think of her: if they listen to her music and like, then it’s cool. If they don’t, it’s just as cool, she says in the interview with Elle.

“I have taken so much [expletive], I’ve stopped listening to other people. I have had enough. There's only so much you can cope with and then you either allow it to swallow you up or you say, ‘Sod this.’ I have had it with negativity,” Cheryl tells the magazine.

“I want people to like my music but I couldn’t give a [expletive] about what they think of me. Take it or leave it. I do not care,” the singer adds.

Luckily, the very difficult year (which was also marked by her coming down with malaria after a visit to Tanzania) also showed her that she can rely on her close friends and family when the going gets really tough.

“I’m lucky in that I’ve got family and friends to turn to. I realize now that it’s not a bad thing to lean on people and accept support. You get to find out who your real friends are when the [expletive] hits the fan,” she says.

For more on Cheryl Cole’s interview with Elle, please refer here.

Get Free Updates:
*Please click on the confirmation link sent in your Spam folder of Email*
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More